Saturday, January 7, 2012

Fun In Melbourne


Seeing it is Summer Holidays I headed off to Melbourne for just over a week for a break. I had such a great time and enjoyed the beautiful country that is Australia. I would have to say one highlight was seeing the rock formations on the coast along the Great Ocean Road - it was so beautiful. I also had time to take in a few Art Galleries in Melbourne and see some street art. It was also so nice to watch the Midnight fireworks from the balcony of my cousin's apartment on NYE. I was also inspired to do a small amount of drawing myself. It is really nice to chill and take time to enjoy the creation (both God and mans). I have included a few examples of the beauty I experienced.

the beauty of the 12 Apostles on the Great Ocean Rd

my attempt at sketching the Princess bridge over the Yarra River

another picture of the rock formations known as 12 apostles

Loch Ard Gorge on the Great Ocean Rd

beautiful view of the Fireworks on NYE

St Pauls Cathedral, Fed Square and Flinders station from the Sky deck

lights of Southgate on the Yarra River

my love of lamps continues 

sunset from the Skydeck

MCG, the gardens and the Arts centre from the Sky deck


No comments:

Post a Comment